[Gluster-users] Gluster upgrade 3.2.5 to 3.3.1

Thomas Wakefield twake at cola.iges.org
Thu Jan 3 15:41:07 UTC 2013

Help please-

Last night I tried to upgrade from 3.2.5 to 3.3.1 and had no success and rolled back to 3.2.5.

I followed the instructions for the upgrade as exactly as possible, but don't understand this section:
5) If you have installed from RPM, goto 6).  Else, start glusterd in upgrade mode. glusterd terminates after it performs the necessary steps for upgrade. Re-start glusterd normally after this termination. Essentially this process boils down to:

a) killall glusterd

b) glusterd –xlator-option *.upgrade=on -N

I used the yum gluster repo which I thought would be the easiest way.  I also tried an RPM install and no success.  I could start the volume, but none of the bricks would be online.  They were all listed as N in the online column of a "gluster volume info" output.  Very little help from the error logs.

Any thoughts?

Thomas