[Gluster-users] Volume locking up when used over IB (was Re: Peer Probe)

Joe Julian joe at julianfamily.org
Thu Feb 28 19:50:32 UTC 2013

Where are you copying from? localhost mount, or some other client?

Check your client log. Look for clues there. If you can't find any then
continue with these diagnostic techniques.

kill -USR1 <glusterfs pid>

That will create a dump file in /tmp of the client's state. If you can
determine which brick it's stuck on, getting a dump of that brick's
glusterfsd could be useful as well. Include that with a bug report. I
still haven't figured out how to read that myself though.

Attach an strace and/or gdb to the client and/or brick server and see
where it's locked up. Be sure to backtrace all threads in gdb. Again,
include those with a bug report.

Finally, of course, there's the possibility that it's your IB drivers.