[Gluster-users] Issue in using volume sync command

Rahul51 S rahul51.s at tcs.com
Thu Feb 28 09:18:38 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I am using gluster3.4.0 alpha on the two nodes communicating through TCP.
I am facing an issue giving the volume sync command. Below is the error
that I am getting

[root at supernova /]# gluster volume sync 10.137.108.165 testvol
Sync volume may make data inaccessible while the sync is in progress. Do
you want to continue? (y/n) y
volume sync: failed: Another transaction could be in progress. Please try
again after sometime.

I tried giving the the command after some time, but couldn't succeed.
I stopped the volume and then gave the same command, but it again failed
with the same error.
Logs are not pointing to anything about another transaction going on as
mentioned in the error.

Could you please shed some light on the usage of the volume sync command

Regards
Rahul Shrivastava
and any attachments. Thank you