[Gluster-users] Bug in log rotation for 3.3.1

Amar Tumballi amarts at redhat.com
Mon Feb 25 11:04:23 UTC 2013

On 02/25/2013 03:20 PM, Robert Hajime Lanning wrote:
> On 02/24/13 20:41, Toby Corkindale wrote:
>> In the meantime, could someone advise me on the correct way to tell
>> Glusterfs to rotate the logs for the bricks and mounts?
>
> Have you tried:
> # gluster volume log rotate <VOLNAME> [BRICK]

This should work, but in future, we would like to depend on 'logrotate'
package and be friendly with it, so that it gets triggered at regular
interval, and as an admin, users of gluster need not bother about log
file rotations.

So, would like experts in this area to help us with enhancing
'extras/glusterfs-logrotate' [1] logrotate config file.

-Amar

[1] -
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/master/extras/glusterfs-logrotate