[Gluster-users] windows access

Papp Tamas tompos at martos.bme.hu
Wed Feb 20 12:17:33 UTC 2013

hi All,

What is the status currently accessing a gluster volume from Windows?

I found this irclog entry:

http://irclog.perlgeek.de/gluster/2013-02-07

18:52
johnmark
we've been developing libgfapi, and we'll do some SAMBA VFS integration with the API

18:52
but that will be in 3.5, which might be out by the end of this year

Can we expect significant speed improvements?

What are the best samba settings for exporting a volume by cifs?

We currently use this smb.conf, but the performance is rather poor, about half or less of the fuse
client an much.
Re-exporting NFS mount is totally disaster.

[global]
     socket options =  IPTOS_THROUGHPUT TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_SNDBUF=131072 SO_RCVBUF=131072
     read raw = yes
     server string = %h
     write raw = yes
     #oplocks = yes
     max xmit = 131072
     dead time = 15
     getwd cache = yes
     use sendfile=yes
     block size = 131072
     load printers = no
     aio write size = 16384
     #aio write size = 262144
     aio write behind = /*.*/
     #write cache size = 262144
     wins support = no
     local master = no
     wins server = 192.168.3.7
     veto files = /.AppleDouble/
     delete veto files = yes
     hide dot files = yes
     printing = BSD

[projects]
         path = /W/Projects
         browseable = yes
         public = yes
         guest ok = yes
         read only = no
	force user = user
	force group = user

When we want to use some non-conventional sw, like Adobe Premiere, Photoshop...etc, a more strict
config is necessary with even less speed.

Any suggestion?

Thank you,
tamas