[Gluster-users] GlusterFS OOM Issue

Brian Foster bfoster at redhat.com
Sat Feb 9 19:26:18 UTC 2013

On 02/08/2013 05:14 PM, Steven King wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running GlusterFS version 3.2.7-2~bpo60+1 on Debian 6.0.6. Today, I
> have experienced a a glusterfs process cause the server to invoke
> oom_killer.
>
> How exactly would I go about investigating this and coming up with a fix?

The OOM killer output to syslog and details on your hardware might be
useful to include.

Following that, you could monitor the address space (VIRT) and set size
(RES/RSS) of the relevant processes with top on your server. For
example, is there a sudden increase in set size or does it constantly,
gradually increase?

Brian