[Gluster-users] Write failure on distributed volume with free space available

Ling Ho ling at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Feb 8 22:36:16 UTC 2013

Last night I ran into problem where some of the bricks in my volume
completed filled up to 100%, while others were still below 90%. The
bricks are 25TB each, so 10% would be about 2.5TB. The files we were
writing were not more than 100GB each so even a number of concurrent
file writes were not capable of filling up 10% in a very short amount of
time. We have 40 bricks in the volume.

Looks like the default min-free-disk setting (which I did not set) is
not observed.

After trying to set it to 10%, and also 500GB on a different try, I
tried creating 1000 new empty files on a client (after remounting the
volume), and it still writes to the bricks with less than 10% or less
than 500GB free.

Is this a feature available in later released only? I am using Stable
3.3.1 .

Thanks,
ling