[Gluster-users] Re-balancing after expansion

Jon Tegner tegner at renget.se
Mon Apr 29 12:36:37 UTC 2013

On 04/29/2013 01:08 PM, Hans Lambermont wrote:
> Jon Tegner wrote on 20130429:

>>> Yes.
>> went ahead and did
>> gluster volume rebalance glusterNoriko migrate-data start
>> and seemed to start OK. However, when running
>> gluster volume rebalance glusterNoriko status
>> system reports
>> rebalance not started. Should I be worried here?
> Yes, search the gluster logs for the abort reason and work from there.

gluster volume info gives:

Name: glusterNoriko
Type: Distribute
Number of Bricks: 5
Transport-type: tcp,rdma
Bricks:
Brick1: n01-noriko:/mnt/raid10
Brick2: n02-noriko:/mnt/raid10
Brick3: n03-noriko:/mnt/raid10
Brick4: n04-noriko:/mnt/raid10
Brick5: n05-noriko:/mnt/raid10
Options Reconfigured:
nfs.disable: off

However, when running "gluster volume info"  (or other gluster commands)
I get stuff like

0-rpc-transport: missing 'option transport-type', defaulting to "socket"
and
geo-replication not installed

Seems to be infiniband related?

Thanks!