[Gluster-users] KVM guest I/O errors with xfs backed gluster volumes

Jacob Yundt jyundt at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 17:44:46 UTC 2013

Does anyone have experience using gluster storage pools (backed by xfs
filesystems) with KVM?  I'm able to add a VirtIO disk without issue,
however, when I try to create (or mount) an ext4 filesystem from the
KVM guest, I get errors.  If I use a gluster volume that is _not_
backed by xfs (e.g. ext4)) everything works as expected.  I'm able to
reproduce on CentOS6.4 x86_64 (2.6.32-358.6.1.el6.x86_64) with the
following gluster versions:

*) gluster 3.3.1
*) gluster 3.3.1-13 (built from EPEL SRPMs)
*) gluster 3.4.0alpha3

I've poked around RH bugzilla, but haven't been able to find anything so far.

For reference: "cache mode" on the VirtIO disks is set to "none" (to
allow for safe live migration).

Any ideas/suggestions?

-Jacob