[Gluster-users] Bricks filling up

Thomas Wakefield twake at iges.org
Tue Apr 16 01:35:30 UTC 2013

Help-

I have multiple gluster filesystems, all with the setting: cluster.min-free-disk: 500GB.  My understanding is that this setting should stop new writes to a brick with less than 500GB of free space.  But that existing files might expand, which is why I went with a high number like 500GB.  But I am still getting full bricks, frequently it's the first brick in the cluster that suddenly fills up.

Can someone tell me how gluster chooses where to write a file.  And why the min-free-disk is being ignored.

Running 3.3.1 currently on all servers.

Thanks,
-Tom