[Gluster-users] How to properly shutdown Gluster (glusterd *and* related processes)

Guido De Rosa guido.derosa at vemarsas.it
Thu Apr 11 14:39:29 UTC 2013

Hi, thanks for the replies!

My question, which originated this thread, raised from a Debian user
perspective: the package includes an init script which starts and
stops glusterd only.

As a comparison, I had a look at CentOS rpm: there are *two* init
scripts in there, one for glusterd and one for glusterfsd.

Jan's and Adam's are both good points imho, maybe the use of 2
different init scripts would answer both? And, so, other distros
should follow?

Guido

Jan:

> If glusterd starts all configured daemons, there should be
> some (automated) way to stop them too. During the system
> shutdown, If the script stopped glusterd only, the other
> daemons would be killed by the killprocs script, which is,
> however, run after the network interfaces are shut down.

Adam: