[Gluster-users] Performance for KVM images (qcow)

Bryan Whitehead driver at megahappy.net
Wed Apr 10 17:25:47 UTC 2013

I just want to say that trying to run a VM on almost any glusterfs
mounted fuse is going to suck when using 1G nic cards.

That said your setup looks fine except you need to change "replica 4"
to "replica 2". I'm assuming you want redundancy and speed.
Replicating to all 4 bricks is probably not what you wanted. By
setting replica to 2 you'll be able to lose any 1 of the 4 bricks and
still run without data missing.

gluster volume create replica 2 <... list all 4 bricks>