[Gluster-users] Gluster and Cloudera's Hadoop

Jay Vyas jayunit100 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 20:05:48 UTC 2013

Hi james !

1) Yes, right now, we run as root.  Thanks for noticing :) ... We are
working on modifying this in the very near future.   The problem is that
the plugin attempts to mount a filesystem, but we recently have discussed
that auto mount behaviour may be a superfluous feature, since mounting can
easily be automated for
nodes in a cluster.

2) You're right the pervious version of the gluster hadoop filesystem
implementation did not deal correctly with privileges.
This is now fixed, however.  You can get a "bleeding edge" jar which fixes
your permissions error from the
glusterfs-hadoop github repository:
https://github.com/gluster/hadoop-glusterfs, where these fixes have been
merged into head.

Also we can get you this jar prebuilt if you want, just let me know...

Thanks for trying out the GlusterFileSystem and keep the feedback coming
.......!

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com