[Gluster-users] A simple way to federate gluster namespace ?

Jay Vyas jayunit100 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 22:33:08 UTC 2013

Hi guys:

BTW thanks for the insights regarding locality .  Now I have a new stupid
question for you:

Namespace federation !

Say I have two gluster volumes, and I want to access both volumes from the
same mount point.

It would be cool if there was a "gluster volume federate volA volB
supervol", which created a new volume that read/wrote to supervol/volA
super/volB transparently.

But in the absence of such a command, could I just federate two gluster
namespaces using the mount command? Would there be nasty hidden overhead
and costs to this?

i.e. something like:

mount -o /tmp/supermount/subA /submount/a
mount -o /tmp/supermount/subB /submount/b

Or maybe you could do the equivalent with symlinks?

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com