[Gluster-users] Block replication with glusterfs for NFS failover

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Thu Oct 25 09:00:13 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 10:23:33AM +0200, Runar Ingebrigtsen wrote:
>    Does that mean the bauer-power article [1] about how healing fails is
>    inaccurate?

AFAICS that page doesn't say anything about how gluster healing works. He
says he had data corruption, and I do not doubt that.

However the page doesn't specify the version of gluster FS used, the
versions of Ubuntu and ZFS used, etc.  So I can't conclude what caused the
corruption.

Running Linux on ZFS and Gluster on ZFS in production would take someone
quite brave I think.  Plus he seems to be using IET (iSCSI).  That is, I
guess he's running a virtual SAN by serving disk image over iSCSI, where
those disk image files are stored on a replicated gluster filesystem on top
of ZFS?  Very brave.

Regards,

Brian.