[Gluster-users] GlusterFS failover with UCarp

Runar Ingebrigtsen runar at rin.no
Mon Oct 22 23:23:04 UTC 2012

On ma. 22. okt. 2012 kl. 20.02 +0200, Runar Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> On ma. 22. okt. 2012 kl. 19.11 +0200, Brian Candler wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 06:48:42PM +0200, Runar Ingebrigtsen wrote:
>>>     The connection break behavior is to be expected - the TCP
>>> connection
>>>     doesn't handle the switch of host. I didn't expect the NFS
>>> client to go
>>>     stale.
>>
>> I can't answer this directly but I did notice something in the 3.3.1
>> change
>> log which might be relevant:
>>
>> <http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/GlusterFS_3.3.1>
>>

>>    "nfs: make NFS filehandles deterministic
>>
>> If you're not on 3.3.1 already, it could be worth trying.
>
> Thank you. I have just realized that there's a built-in NFS server -
> but I set this up with the /etc/exports.
>
> I'll try to use the built-in and see if the problem persists, then try
> 3.3.1 if it does.

So I tried to use the default NFS settings, with no luck.
Then I upgraded to 3.3.1, still with no luck.

Seems like the NFS connection is unable to perform a failover. I would
really love to hear if someone have this working.

The reason I want this is to use glusterfs to store virtual machines
for VMware.

--
Best Regards
Runar Ingebrigtsen