[Gluster-users] How to add new bricks to a volume?

Tao Lin linbaiye at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 12:57:53 UTC 2012

Hi, dear glfs experts:
  I've been using glusterfs (version 3.2.6) for months,so far it works very
well.Now I'm facing a problem of adding two new bricks to an existed
replicated (rep=2) volume,which is  consisted of only two bricks and is
mounted by multiple clients.Can I just use the following commands to add
new bricks without stopping the services which is using the volume as
motioned?
1、gluster peer probe new-node1
2、gluster peer probe new-node2
3、gluster volume add-brick VOLNAME new-brick1 new-brick2
4、gluster volume rebalance VOLNAME fix-layout start
5、gluster volume rebalance VOLNAME migrate-data start
Is there something I missed? Thanks a lot.

Regards.