[Gluster-users] Gluster FS replication

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Sat Oct 20 13:44:08 UTC 2012

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 08:33:46AM +0200, Haris Zukanovic wrote:
> My problem is that files sometimes do not replicate to all 3 servers
> instantly. There are certainly short network outages which may
> prevent instant replication and I have situations like this:

The CAP theorem says that out of Consistency, Availability or Partition
Tolerance, you can only have two.

If you expect WAN outages frequently, perhaps you should look at gluster's
geo-replication.  This should mean your reads and writes to the "near" side
of the link will be fast without having to do tricks with mounting the brick
directly; the far side will get a copy which will be a little behind.

Or else gluster is not the right tool, and something like lsyncd might be
better for your application: http://code.google.com/p/lsyncd/