[Gluster-users] Making the mount server/point highly available

Robert van Leeuwen Robert.vanLeeuwen at spilgames.com
Tue Oct 16 08:26:46 UTC 2012

Hello,

I want to make sure that we can keep mounting gluster volumes even if one node is down.
For this we would need something to keep the mount point highly available.
Am I safe to assume that putting port 24007 behind our load-balancer will do this?
As far as I can see regular gluster traffic does not use this port and it looks like it is used for the mount process.

Is this correct?
Can I safely do this or will bad things happen?

Thanks,
Robert van Leeuwen