[Gluster-users] Moving disks

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Sat Oct 13 16:11:01 UTC 2012

Suppose I want to move all the disks for a brick from one server to another,
can this be done without having to copy all the data?

Example:

* A distributed-replicated volume comprises six bricks (each of which is 8
  disks in a RAID array). Those bricks are on s1,s2,s3,s4,s5,s6

* I get two new servers (s7,s8) each capable of taking 24 disks

* I want to move the disks from s1/s2/s3 into s7, and the disks from
  s4/s5/s6 into s8

* The configuration remains as 6 bricks, but they are three bricks in s7
  replicated with three bricks in s8

If this is possible, how should I go about this?

Thanks,

Brian.