[Gluster-users] Dsitribution of load on servers

Laurent Chouinard laurent.chouinard at ubisoft.com
Fri Nov 30 23:08:00 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have searched the archive of this list and found some partial answers to my question, so I thought I'd try a direct question.

In a nutshell, my goal is to achieve high transfer speed for multiple simultaneous clients using multiple servers. I am not trying to get incredible speed for one client using all servers.

Assume a Gluster setup of 10 identical data nodes. I have a large set of data files that can be replicated n times (up to 10).

At any point in time, a group of clients could request a set of those files, possibly the same set of files for everyone.

Could Gluster manage that each client uses a different server so that, if everyone is getting the same file, then each client would use the maximum capacity of each server's hardware?

In other words, using numbers:
- 10 servers with 1 hard disk capable of 50MB/s
- 10 clients requesting the same file, which is replicated 10 times
- Speed for each client would be 50MB/s.

Thanks,

Laurent Chouinard