[Gluster-users] geo-replicated Master Master cluster

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Tue Nov 27 11:07:40 UTC 2012

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 08:59:04PM +0400, Zohair Raza wrote:
>    I have only two machines and I want something like master-master
>    concept, I tried that but can not succeed.

Gluster won't do this for you. You could look at something like 'unison' or
'csync', but they may not scale up to your needs.

I use unison to synchronise my laptop with my desktop. It handles
split-brain by doing nothing.  If a file has been changed on both machines
since the last sync then it leaves both sides unchanged (unless you force
copying from A->B or B->A)