[Gluster-users] Heal not working

Mario Kadastik mario.kadastik at cern.ch
Mon Nov 26 10:26:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have a volume created of 12 bricks and with 3x replication (no stripe). We had to take one server (2 bricks per server, but configured such that first brick from every server, then second brick from every server so there should not be 1 server multiple times in any replica groups) for maintenance. The server was down for 40 minutes and after it came up I saw that gluster volume heal home0 info showed some files. I started healing, but after 3 days it's still the same. Today I enabled quorum enforcement to make sure we don't get for future split brains and as we have 3 replicas, then 2 should make quorum.

Anyway, the healing information is attached to this e-mail for commands:
[root at se1 ~]# for i in "" heal-failed split-brain; do gluster volume heal home0 info $i > home-heal-$i.txt 2>&1; done