[Gluster-users] geo-replicated Master Master cluster

Zohair Raza engineerzuhairraza at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 16:59:04 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have two servers at two different locations, the requirement is to have
two Shared storage servers where users can read/write locally and the data
gets synchronized between the two servers. The users will be connected
using samba, sometime they will be working at one location and sometimes at
other.

If it could be LAN then, normal replication can this requirement. Problem
at both side is bandwidth, I need fast read/write access to local users and
data would later get synchronized with other server.

The all I understand about geo replication is, slave needs to be a third
machine and if this is the case then I might need 4 machines?

I have only two machines and I want something like master-master concept, I
tried that but can not succeed.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks
Regards,