[Gluster-users] Data migration and rebalance

Jonathan Lefman jonathan.lefman at essess.com
Sun Nov 25 00:42:34 UTC 2012

My gluster volume is more-or-less useless from an administration point of
view.  I am unable to stop the volume because it claims it is rebalancing
or gluster says the command failed.  When I try to stop, start, or get the
status of rebalancing, I get nothing returned.  I have stopped and
restarted all glusterfsd processes on each host.  Nothing seems to bring
sanity back to the volume.

This is bad news for gluster's reliability.  I am unable to find a source
of the problem.  Regular methods for resetting the system to usable state
are not working.  I think it is time to call it quits and find another
solution.  Ceph?

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Jonathan Lefman <jonathan.lefman at essess.com