[Gluster-users] Data migration and rebalance

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Fri Nov 23 17:58:06 UTC 2012

On 11/23/2012 11:14 PM, Jonathan Lefman wrote:
> The rebalance command has run for quite a while.  Now when I issue the
> rebalance status command,
>
> sudo gluster volume rebalance myvol status
>
> I get nothing back; just a return to the command prompt.  Any ideas of
> what is going on?

A few questions:

- What is your volume type?
- How many files and directories do you have in your volume?
- What is the average size of files?
- What is the average number of files per directory?
- Can you please share glusterd logs from the time when the command
returns without displaying any output?

Thanks,
Vijay