[Gluster-users] Rebuilt RAID array, now heal is failing

Gerald Brandt gbr at majentis.com
Wed Nov 21 18:34:12 UTC 2012

Hi,

I had a RAID-6 array fail on me, so I got some new HDD and rebuilt it.  The glusterfs config didn't change at all.

When the array was rebuilt and mounted, it (naturally) had no files on it.  GlusterFS seems to have created the .gluster directory.

However, self heal isn't working.  I tried to start it with 'gluster volume heal NFS_RAID6_FO full', and no go.  A 'gluster volume heal NFS_RAID_6 heal-failed' listed all the files that wre on the array.

How can I get all the files on the good replica over to the newly created RAID6 array?

Gerald