[Gluster-users] Gluster in a cluster

Jerome jerome at ibt.unam.mx
Tue Nov 20 16:48:44 UTC 2012

Dear David

On 18/11/2012 21:21, David Duncan wrote:
> I have worked with NPACI and Platform rocks somet and it is typical to
> have nodes reinstall when they fail to boot, but your configuration
> seems to reinstall on any reboot. Have you worked with the rocks
> community to modify your configuration?

The node reinstall in case of severy fault, or because of some
adminsttration tasks. And in this cases, any node include in a gluster
volume lost all of the configuration, and put the gluster volume in a
unstable state...

> Did you create a new appliance type for your storage nodes? How do you
> distinguish your storage nodes from your compute nodes? Is it possible
> that you might be able to maintain the storage nodes distinctly from
> your cluster and then add a script for mounting the volumes to your
> config.xml?

I'm now searching a such way for my cluster: to implement a special
appliance to create some gluster nodes. This nodes will be dedicated to
storage, and be accesible for computing uniquely for some testing.
The mounting is resolved by a automonting on all the cluster.

best regards

--
-- Jérôme
L'adulte ne croit pas au père Noël. Il vote.