[Gluster-users] Gluster in a cluster

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Thu Nov 15 17:25:13 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 09:30:52AM -0600, Jerome wrote:
> My problem is when a node reboot accidentaly, or for some
> administration task: the node reinstall itself, and the gluster
> volume begin to fail.... I detect taht the UUID of a machine is
> generated during the instalation, so i develop some script to get
> back the original UUID of the node. Despote this, the node could not
> get back in the volume. I miss some special task to do. So, it is
> possible to do a such system with gluster?

I think you're asking about this:
http://gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Gluster_3.2:_Brick_Restoration_-_Replace_Crashed_Server
(with minor modifications for gluster 3.3)

However the gluster nodes really should have persistent storage of UUID and
volume configuration. If every time your machine reboots it loses its
/var/lib/glusterd/ directory then this is not good.