[Gluster-users] Very slow directory listing and high CPU usage on replicated volume

Ivan Dimitrov dobber at amln.net
Tue Nov 6 12:21:54 UTC 2012

That's a very good point. I've been evaluating glusterfs from version
1.0 and refused to use it for one and only reason: the split-brain
problem. With version 3.3 I have finally switched to glusterfs, but
after a few months of production usage, I'm thinking of going back to
separate servers with big raids.

/home/freecloud# time echo * |wc -w
87926

real    16m42.242s
user    0m0.384s
sys    0m0.072s

I just don't get it. Until version 3.3 - Why would I need openstack,
qemu support etc etc when after one simple reboot I would loose part of
my data.