[Gluster-users] Very slow directory listing and high CPU usage on replicated volume

Jonathan Lefman jonathan.lefman at essess.com
Fri Nov 2 03:16:44 UTC 2012

Thanks Pranith. We have tried two organizations with the same results.
The levels we use currently are like this (indicates number of dirs at this
level):
-dir-top
--runs (1)
---id (1)
----cam (4)
-----date (1)

We have also used a flatter structure too. I find that the client machine's
glusterfs process uses 100% of the core processing. When I kill the ls (or
find, mv, etc) command, usage returns to baseline on the client and daemons.

-Jon