[Gluster-users] 3.3.1 breaks NFS CARP setup

Dan Bretherton d.a.bretherton at reading.ac.uk
Thu Nov 1 13:13:32 UTC 2012

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.  I am very sorry not to
have responded before now. Last week I was preoccupied with the problem
I described in the following thread and then went away for a long weekend.

http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2012-October/034610.html

The excessive load problem turned out to be caused by the problematic
upgrade and subsequent downgrade that I reported in this thread.  I
suspect this was because I downgraded using the 3.3.0 packages I found
at bits.gluster.com rather than the ones in Kaleb's repo.

Unfortunately I have not managed to reproduce the CARP problem on
upgrade using a pair of test servers.  Therefore the NFS crashing
problem with CARP I experienced must have been caused by something
unique to my production cluster.  Two things I didn't try while
attempting to reproduce the NFS crashes were (1) upgrading from 3.3.0-1
and (2) using a mixture of CentOS-5 and CentOS-6 servers.  I am now
using version 3.3.0-11, and I will put some more effort into reproducing
the CARP problem for a bug report if the same thing happens the next
time I try to upgrade my production cluster to 3.3.1.

Regards
-Dan.