[Gluster-users] When self-healing is triggered?

Flavio Oliveira nvezes at live.com
Thu May 31 12:01:31 UTC 2012

Hi,

FTP writes to the a Gluster mount point (FUSE file system).

/Flavio

Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 08:01:32 -0300
Subject: Re: [Gluster-users] When self-healing is triggered?
From: rodrigo at fabricadeideias.com
To: nvezes at live.com
CC: gluster-users at gluster.org

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 6:31 AM, Flavio Oliveira <nvezes at live.com> wrote:

The storages are the Gluster Servers.
We have a ftp mount-point so the users have normal FTP access to the shared volumes in order to upload the files.
Once the files are avialable, we use the Gluster Native client to provide access for these uploaded files.

How the files that arrived through FTP get to the Gluster volume? Do FTP right straight to the bricks or do FTP write to a Gluster mount point? If it's to a Gluster mount point, which kind of mount point is it (Gluster native, NFS or CIFS)?

Rodrigo