[Gluster-users] replace-brick does not complete for replicated volume

Douglas Tan douglas.tan at shareinvestor.com
Thu May 31 04:37:18 UTC 2012

I have a replicated volume comprising 2 bricks on 2 different storage servers. I tried to migrate a brick on server-a to another directory with "gluster volume replace-brick replicated server-a:/glusterfs/replicated-old server-a:/glusterfs/replicated-new start" but running "gluster volume replace-brick replicated server-a:/glusterfs/replicated-old server-a:/glusterfs/replicated-new status" after about 5mins returned "status unknown".

There were no further changes to the size of the new brick after this and the new brick was not the same size as the old brick. I had no such problems with a single brick distributed volume. I tried looking in the glusterfs logs for clues but it's not apparent to me what I should be looking for.