[Gluster-users] 'remove-brick' is removing more bytes than are in the brick(?)

Amar Tumballi amarts at redhat.com
Fri May 25 10:05:36 UTC 2012

Hi Harry,

Thanks for taking time and testing 3.3.0qa42.

> So this was a big improvement over the previous trial. the only glitches
> were the 120 failures (which mean...?)

You can open log file and search for the reason for the failure.
(/var/lib/glusterfs/gli-rebalance.log). Currently there may be more logs
for you to search, but do a grep on '\ E\ ' to get the relevant logs.

> and the directory skeleton left on the removed brick which may be a feature..?

It is the current design limitation. We don't deal with anything
directory in rebalance and remove-brick. Both these operations are on files.

> So it seems to have been fixed in qa42.

Thanks for confirming.

Regards,
Amar