[Gluster-users] Replication setup and writing erroneously to read-only folder

Haris Zukanovic haris.zukanovic74 at gmail.com
Tue May 22 07:27:27 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I have a replicated setup with 3 Gluster nodes and on each I have a
brick of the same size.
I know that the brick folder should never be written to as changes ar
not proragated to replicated gluster setup. It should remain read-only.
It has happened on several occasions (manual error and application using
wrong path) that the brick folder has been written to. So, I got an
inconsistency between the brick and gluster mounted replicated folder. I
am using the brick folder to read the files as it is much much faster.

My question is what exactly to do in this situation to bring the gluster
up to date and resolve the inconsistency?
Is it enough to write the file that went written into the brick once
more to the gluster mounted read-write path?

kind regards

Haris Zukanovic