[Gluster-users] GlusterFest! For GlusterFS 3.3 Beta 4

John Mark Walker johnmark at redhat.com
Wed May 16 21:12:41 UTC 2012

Greetings,

We are planning to have one more beta release tomorrow. If all goes as planned, this will be the release candidate. In conjunction with the beta, I thought we should have a 24-hour GlusterFest, starting tomorrow at 8pm  - http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/GlusterFest

'What's a GlusterFest?' you may be asking. Well, it's all of the below:

- Testing the software. Install the new beta (when it's released tomorrow) and put it through its paces. We will put some basic testing procedures on the GlusterFest page here - http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/GlusterFest

   - Feel free to create your own testing procedures and link to it from the GlusterFest page

- Finding bugs. See the current list of bugs targeted for this release: http://bit.ly/beta4bugs

- Fixing bugs. If you're the kind of person who wants to submit patches, see our development workflow doc: http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Development_Work_Flow

   - and then get to know Gerritt: http://review.gluster.com/

The GlusterFest page will be updated with some basic testing procedures tomorrow, and GlusterFest will officially begin at 8pm PDT May 17/03:00 UTC May 18 (coinciding with the end of our meetup tomorrow), and ending at 8pm PDT May 18/03:00 UTC May 19.

If you need assistance, see #gluster on Freenode for "real-time" questions, gluster-users and community.gluster.org for general usage questions, and gluster-devel for anything related to building, patching, and bug-fixing.