[Gluster-users] Connection failed

Emmanuel Seyman eseyman at edd.fr
Thu May 10 13:44:35 UTC 2012

Hello, all.

I'm trying to get glusterfs working on two machines (so that I can have
replicated storage on both of them) and I'm stuck on getting glusterd
working.

The two machines are Debian 6.0 (Squeeze) and I'm using the glusterfs
packages from the backports repo (3.2.4-1~bpo60+1).

/etc/glusterfs/glusterd.vol on both machines contains:

  volume management
      type mgmt/glusterd
      option working-directory /etc/glusterd
      option transport-type socket
      option transport.socket.keepalive-time 10
      option transport.socket.keepalive-interval 2
  end-volume

When I start glusterd, I get different results on the two servers:

root at silicium:~# gluster peer status
Number of Peers: 1

Hostname: titane
Uuid: 448e3316-74e3-44aa-a495-5b540e7b8927
State: Peer in Cluster (Connected)

root at titane:~# gluster peer status
Connection failed. Please check if gluster daemon is operational.

There's nothing useful in titane's logs that I can see so any help would
be appreciated.

Emmanuel