[Gluster-users] Bricks suggestions

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Thu May 3 09:52:13 UTC 2012

2012/5/2 Arnold Krille <arnold at arnoldarts.de>

> As far as I understand it (and for the current stable 3.2) there are two
> ways
> depending on what you want:
>  When you want a third copy of the data, it seems you can't simply increase
> the replication-level and add a brick. Instead you have to stop usage,
> delete
> the volume (without deleting the underlying bricks of course) and then
> rebuild
> the volume with the new number of replication and bricks. Then self-heal
> should do the trick and copy the data onto the third machine.

I can't stop a production volume used by many customers.
I think that the best way should start with the correct number of
replication nodes
even if one of these node is not present.

In this way, the volume is created properly, and when needed I have to just
add
the new machine and trigger the self-healing.