[Gluster-users] Slow performance from simple tar -x && rm -r benchmark

Bryan Whitehead driver at megahappy.net
Mon Mar 19 21:00:02 UTC 2012

I have a number of labs I test my glusterfs installs on. From
Infinband 40G w/switch and also some cheap $800 boxes on a gig
network.

None of them exhibit the poor performance i'm seeing in your post - so
I'm just throwing out the differences I'm seeing with your config vs
mine.

Another option you might want to try is increasing the max number of threads:

gluster volume set <name> performance.io-thread-count 64