[Gluster-users] Estimated date for release of Gluster 3.3

John Mark Walker johnmark at redhat.com
Thu Mar 15 19:49:41 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> 2012/3/14 Tim Bell <Tim.Bell at cern.ch>:
> >
> > Is there an estimate of when Gluster 3.3 would be out of beta ?
>
> Before enlightenment 17 , right guys? Riiiiight ?

Ouch! I'll put it this way: if it's not out this spring, I'll slit my wrists :)

There isn't much we can guarantee in the world, but I think I can safely guarantee that it won't take nearly as long as Duke Nukem Forever ;)

Also, I'll add this - Red Hat's QA efforts in the process has been invaluable. Yes, it's made the release process slower, but the benefits of a more stable 3.3 tree will be very noticeable.

-JM