[Gluster-users] Write performance in a replicated/distributed setup with KVM?

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Fri Mar 2 14:06:52 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 03:33:19PM +0200, Harald Hannelius wrote:
> The pattern for me starts to look like this;
>
>   max-write-speed ~= <link speed>/nodes.

This is most odd. If you are using a regular replicated+distributed (not
striped) volume, then each file operation will be directed to one pair of
servers. The dd should just hit two servers and the other two will be idle.
So I don't see why your 4-node setup should perform any differently to a
2-node one.