[Gluster-users] about HA infrastructure for hypervisors

Thomas Jackson thomas at thomax.com.au
Wed Jun 27 23:28:24 UTC 2012

Why don't you have KVM running on the Gluster bricks as well?

We have a 4 node cluster (each with 4x 300GB 15k SAS drives in RAID10), 10
gigabit SFP+ Ethernet (with redundant switching). Each node participates in
a distribute+replicate Gluster namespace and runs KVM. We found this to be
the most efficient (and fastest) way to run the cluster.

This works well for us, although (due to Gluster using fuse) it isn't as
fast as we would like. Currently waiting for the KVM driver that has been
discussed a few times recently, that should make a huge difference to the
performance for us.

Cheers,

Thomas