[Gluster-users] RAID options for Gluster

Rodrigo Severo rodrigo at fabricadeideias.com
Mon Jun 18 12:23:39 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 4:01 AM, Fernando Frediani (Qube) <
fernando.frediani at qubenet.net> wrote:

> Unfortunately Gluster doesn't yet have the ability to be aware of bricks
> on the same node and don't put data there. That would allow create more
> than one set of RAID on the same server and avoid going over 12-16 disks in
> a RAID 5 array.

Even though Gluster isn't aware, you are so you can create the volume
taking care that replicated data goes to different servers.  It's all on
the brick order you pass when creating the volume.

I've replcated-distributed volumes with only 2 servers.

Rodrigo

> Fernando

Rodrigo Severo

Fábrica de Idéias
SBS Quadra 2 - Bloco S - Ed. Empire Center - Sala 1.301
Brasília - DF - CEP 70070-904
Tel. (61) 3321-1357       Fax (61) 3223-1712