[Gluster-users] "mismatching layouts" flooding in the logs

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Sat Jun 16 03:54:58 UTC 2012

On 06/12/2012 05:23 PM, Shishir Gowda wrote:
> Hi Tomasz,
>
> Can you please provide the client logs where you are seeing the error?
> Also if possible the glusterd logs where rebalance command was issued from.

Not really sure what I should be looking for, so sending you full logs
for both.

http://www.virtall.com/files/temp/ca1.tar.bz2 - by design, it has little
accesses to the gluster mount point, so won't show that many
"mismatching layouts" messages.

http://www.virtall.com/files/temp/ca2.tar.bz2 - it has "normal" traffic
to the gluster mount point and will show a lot of these messages.

Both are ~30 MB downloads, around 1 GB after uncompressing.

Note that /var/log/glusterfs/var-ftp-sites.log was truncated, as it was
overfilling the partition.

The cluster has 8 more machines with a similar size of the log (like
ca2.tar.bz2).

--
Tomasz Chmielewski