[Gluster-users] Announcing: Gluster Developer Summit - July 12 & 13 in Sunnyvale, CA

John Mark Walker johnmark at redhat.com
Fri Jun 15 19:51:00 UTC 2012

Greetings,

Save the date! We're hosting the Gluster Developer Summit on July 12th and 13th in Sunnyvale, CA. Come to plan for the GlusterFS 3.4 release, and give input on the roadmap, suggest improvements, or discuss projects you've already started.

Register for the Gluster Developer Summit here: http://glusterdevsummit.eventbrite.com/

Below is a preliminary schedule that will most likely undergo many iterations before the event.

Day 1 core stuff:

10am - 11:30 - Packaging Summit. Whether you're a fan of Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, Illumos or others, come to discuss how we can best support your operating system and create comprehensive, standardized packaging.

1pm - 2:30pm: Replication and self-healing improvements/changes

3pm - 4:30pm: Features discussion - possible topics include NFS v4 integration, erasure coding, multi-tenancy, and encryption.

Other possible talks: WebFS, language bindings, socket translator

Day 2 Gluster expansion:

10am - 11:30am: Object storage improvements - integration with auth toolkits, ease of use, integration with management consoles

1pm - 2:30pm: Big data workshop - HDFS compatibility improvements, expansion of simple job management features (introduced in 3.3), integration with other data platforms

3pm - 4:30 pm: Gluster management console. Integration with upstream oVirt project, ease of use and setup

Other possible talks: integration with cloud-y stacks, big data platforms, and systems management tools

What we need from you:
If you have a Gluster-related project that you'd like to submit for developer interest, we want to hear from you. In particular, if you've integrated GlusterFS with other technologies, or if you would like to tackle an integration project, we want to hear from you.

If you have patches lying around that you'd like to submit upstream, we definitely want to hear from you. In fact, now is the perfect time to submit them, before the developer summit.

Register for the Gluster Developer Summit here: http://glusterdevsummit.eventbrite.com/

Expect the particulars of this event to change over time as we add more ideas to the mix.