[Gluster-users] parallel copy to gluster replicated mount

Haris Zukanovic haris.zukanovic74 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 13:15:33 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

Is anyone using any parallel copy utility together with Gluster?
My idea is to use a tool that does exactly what rsync does (recursively
updating target from a source folder) where the target folder is on
Gluster replicated mount. The problem I wish to solve is the performance
of writing many small files to Gluster mount which is quite slow...
With rsync I do updates to application code, and it contains about
100,000 files and even if I turn of delta checking in rsync still the
rsync performance is very slow since it copies one file at the time...
If I had an rsync which can deduce the list to update and then copy to
Gluster many files in parallel I could obtain many times greater update
speed, I think ...

thank you in advance

kind regards

Haris Zukanovic