[Gluster-users] rebalance speedup

Shishir Gowda sgowda at redhat.com
Wed Jun 13 02:36:17 UTC 2012

Hi ling,

The feature for speeding up rebalance by allowing multiple servers to support parallel rebalance is in release 3.3.0.

A single rebalance processes is started on every node/server where the volume's bricks exist.
These rebalance processes share load between themselves to migrate data, hence reducing the bottleneck of having only 1 rebalance thread do the work.
Additionally, all rebalance processes push data to the destination node, hence better utilizing the network too.

Hope this answers your query.

With regards,
Shishir