[Gluster-users] A very special announcement from Gluster.org

John Mark Walker johnmark at redhat.com
Sat Jun 2 20:44:10 UTC 2012

Philip -

Gluster.org is only nominally a Red Hat operation. If you want better Debian support, you need to help us do it. Also, it's common for legacy distributions not to have support for brand new releases. You can expect Squeeze to support 3.2.x, but not necessarily 3.3.x. I agree that this can be frustrating at times, but in those cases, it's better to compile from source anyway.

I think the package maintainer for Debian is on the list - perhaps he can shed some light. Which version of libssl is on Squeeze?

And finally, when you compiled libssl from source, did you install the source .deb so that it registered with the package database? If you compiled a tarball, did you specify an install directory when running ./configure? Compiling from source will by default place libraries into /usr/local/lib, and you probably need to run ldconfig before it will satisfy the dependency.

-JM