[Gluster-users] A very special announcement from Gluster.org

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Fri Jun 1 12:14:06 UTC 2012

On 06/01/2012 08:00 AM, David Coulson wrote:
> I experienced the following going from both 3.2.5 and 3.2.6 (using
> 'official' gluster packages) on RHEL6.

If by "'official' gluster packages" you mean the glusterfs rpms in the
fedora/epel yum repo, and your 3.2.5 was built from source or using rpms
from somewhere else, including e.g. gluster.org, then your experience is
not unexpected.

The rpms in the fedora/epel yum repo follow the fedora file system
layout standard and as you note, you needed to move your .vol files to
the correct location in this situation.

For the record, I'm not sure that the fedora/epel rpms are any more or
less official than any others, and if anything, maybe the gluster.org
rpms are the only really official gluster packages. (Unless you're
paying for RHS, in which case there's a completely different answer.)

(And FWIW, starting with 3.3.0 the rpms from gluster.org will also
follow the file system layout standard.)

HTH.

--

Kaleb